The Serra Club’s goals are to:
- Foster and promote vocations to the ministerial priesthood in the Catholic Church as a particular vocation to service, and to support the Bishop and the priests of the Catholic Diocese of Lexington in their sacred ministry;
- Encourage and affirm vocations to the consecrated religious life in the Catholic Church especially within the Catholic Diocese of Lexington; and
- Assist its club members to recognize and respond in their own lives to God’s call to holiness in Jesus Christ and through the Holy Spirit.
Serra Club meets monthly on 2nd Monday of each month at Cathedral of Christ the King. Meeting schedule is:
- 6:40pm Rosary
- 7:00pm Mass
- 7:35pm Meeting followed by social hour
Visitors are Welcome!
Serran Prayer for Vocations
O God, Who wills not the death of a sinner, but rather that he be converted and live; grant we beseech You, through the intercession of Blessed Mary, ever Virgin; Saint Joseph, her spouse; Blessed Junipero Serra, and all the saints; an increase of laborers for your Church, fellow laborers with Christ, to spend and consume themselves for souls; through the same Jesus Christ, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God forever and ever, Amen.
The organization was established as a chapter of Serra International. The Charter Presentation Banquet of February 23, 1963 initiated the Club in Lexington Kentucky, which at that time was part of the Diocese of Covington, KY. The club has been operating since its inception, now in the Diocese of Lexington.
The activities of the club are many:
- Monthly, the club members, as a membership, pray the rosary, celebrate the Eucharist, and hold a monthly business and program meeting. Annually, the club holds an annual dinner meeting, with the election and installation of new officers.
- Annually, the club sponsors an appreciation activity: one each for the priests, for the religious, for the seminarians, and for the altar servers.
- Annually, the club sponsors two vocations dinners.
- Annually, the club hosts the ordination masses for the new priests and deacons of the diocese.
- Annually, the club sponsors an award to a Lexington Catholic Graduate.
- The club was responsible for the initiation of the Vocation Cross program in the diocese.
- Annually, the club sponsors a weekend retreat in the Fall and one day of prayer in the Spring for its members.
- Sal Nalli, President
- Bob Conochalla, President Elect 2014-2015
- Susan Conochalla, Recording Secretary/ Vice President, Communications
- Al Lawing, Treasurer,
- Bob Heister, Vice President, Vocations
- Don Martina, Vice President, Internal Programs
- Mark Wilden & Craig Dance, Co-Vice Presidents, External Programs
- Bob & Susan Conochalla, Co-Vice Presidents, Membership
- Bob Kuhn, Parliamentarian
Voices of Mary: Praying for her sons and daughtersPrayer is a powerful way to support vocations.